Saturday, May 16, 2009

Never ending work!

You know, it's not very easy being a temporary single mom to 4(is it really only 4?) kids and trying to take care of 6 acres and 17 chickens and 2 dogs and a garden. It keeps me very, very busy, especially during the warmer months.

Let's see, this week I have been working on mowing the marsh in our backyard. I've gotten the mower stuck once and had to pull it out with the van. I finished putting up the chicken wire to hopefully keep the critters out that's been eating my veggies. I planted some new tomatoes and broccoli to replace the eaten ones. I also planted new corn and sunflower seeds because over half didn't sprout (I'm guessing because of the rain or maybe birds).

We've also completely cleaned the downstairs. We had a water leak from all the rain on the ground side of the basement. So, I had to clean the carpet. Well, to clean the carpet, all the junk underneath the furniture had to be cleaned out (can I just say "ewwww"!). Since I was down there and could supervise. I had the kids thorougly clean the family room and laundry/kitchen. It looks so much better! Now, if I could just get Ashley to clean her room!

I do have a cute/embarassing thing to share about a Caleb. Apparently, he has discovered "it". The other day, he came out of the bathroom after a bath, and was just grinning ear to ear. I was across the room and he saw me. Then he looked down, looked back up grinning, looked down, and then said "Mommy, it got bigger!" He did the same thing last night, only this time saying "it growed again!" I guess that answers a lot of questions for Ashley about boys!

Okay, enough for now. Time for me to go take the garbage to the dump and see if I can get another section of yard mowed before it starts raining again!

Have a Blessed Weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment