Friday, May 8, 2009

Busy, busy!! (long with lots of pics!)

Will the rain ever stop??? It has been raining almost daily with very little sun! I NEED SUN!!! But, in between storms, I have done a few things outside.
First, here's a pic of the finished veggie garden:

Then some individual plants.....Lettuce (grown from direct seeding)



Carrots (grown from direct seeding)....
Spinach plant (that some little critter has had for dinner....spinach must be the favorite as this is the best one that's left)....

Tomato plant (I only have about half of them left as a critter likes them as well)...


And beans (grown from direct seeding)...


The critter also got most of my lettuce plants and some dill, basil, and cilantro!! Guess I need to put up some chicken wire or screen or something to keep the little critter out.

I also moved our big chicks out to pasture into their chicken tractor (we can move it to fresh grass as often as we want).

And moved the little chicks into the bigger brooder.

I've also made 60 bridal shower invitations for church. On my way to church, I realized it takes me approximately 10 hours to make 60 invitations, with all the steps! Still, I have lots of fun doing them! These were very basic, yet elegant, using black and cream cardstock that was embossed with the Cuttlebug. I popped the top two layers and added a bow. BTW, I cased this design from Beverly--she made her mom's wedding invitations the same way. I usually like to come up with my own creations, but short notice didn't give me enough time to think...just to do!



And now, I'm working on organizing my room, which also is the storage place for all the scrapbook/card making supplies. I got a cool container a few weeks ago when it was on sale at hobby lobby to put small embellishments in, like brads and buttons. The best thing about it? The compartments are child-proof!! You have to push in a little lever on the side to open each little compartment. I love it!! Now, I just need to make sure I don't open it in front of little ones, or the lock will be useless. It's the Ezy Snappin Organizer made by Craft Mates, and comes in different sizes. Take a look if you're trying to figure out the best way to organize all those little embellishments. I've also found a great way to organize ribbon (I'm working on it right now). For all those yard or two ribbons, get some safety pins and a "lock ring"-like a key ring, but it can be snapped apart (not to be confused with a jump ring that is very popular for holding keys. You can take a set of like ribbons, find the middle, put the safety pin through, close safety pin, and then hook onto the lock ring. You can even add a tag on the safety pin if you want to remember the designer. Here's the start of mine:



Well, I hope you enjoyed reading this long update!!! I guess I need to post more often so there's not so much to share all at once!!

Have A Blessed Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment