Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!!!

This has been a very busy week with the kids out of school for Spring Break!! I have actually gotten some projects done, just not enough time to post.....so, I'll be posting several over the next few days.





Yesterday, I worked on some little baskets and cupcake toppers for my Sunday School class for this morning. I think they turned out very cute!!! Of course, I didn't have enough baskets. I normally have about 6 kids that attend regularly, and I made 2 extra just in case I had a guest or two (we hardly ever have guests in there). Can you believe I ended up with 10 kids??? After the lesson and cupcakes, I decided to see if they could help. I told them the situation, and asked if there were two volunteers who would be willing to not get a basket today, but they would get a present next week. Two little boys raised their hands right away!!! I couldn't have been more proud!!

Now, just so you know, these are not my creation!! I got this fabulous idea and template from Claire. She is very talented and creative and I love her work!! I can't remember where I found the cupcake toppers, but when I do, I'll let you know.

Supplies: Paper~My Mind's Eye Bloom & Grow line; Buttons~Basic Grey, Making Memories; Flowers~Making Memories; Ribbon~Martha Stewart

I'm also adding a few shots of the kids outside today. My older two, Ashley & Jacob, hid the eggs for Megan & Caleb to find. They were all very excited and had lots of fun!!

And, finally, an update on my accident. My neck is still bothering me some. I have been able to see a chiropractor which helps tremendously! If he were open today, I would go because it does hurt today (maybe because I insist on continuing to live life and do the things I normally do). But he did say that the time in between visits would get longer and longer. He's different (and better for me) in that he also has physical therapy training, so he can find not only the points on my spine that hurt, but also the areas around it. I do have a spot in the upper part of my neck on the right side that is still tight--he's not able to adjust it yet. He also leaves how often I go up to me....if it's bothering me, I can go visit. I went twice last week on Monday and Wednesday. I might have went on Friday afternoon just to last me through the weekend, but he's not open on Friday's. But I will be there tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment