Monday, March 30, 2009

Long weekend....

A warning now....this might be a long post!

Saturday was already long enough. Jacob had his Zone quiz and it lasted till 1:30! He ended up with a Bronze trophy which is really awesome considering they kept calling time outs every 2 or 3 questions and the questions didn't come from previous questions but from the book of Exodus. I wasn't there for most of the quiz--I have a REALLY hard time sitting still, especially when I have other errands to run. But I should have just stayed because it didn't seem I got anything done. I do want to send a {{BIG HUG}} out to my friend and our Quiz leader who did stay the entire time, Melissa! Thank you, Melissa!! You are so appreciated!!



So, after the quiz, we did a few errands, and then went grocery shopping. Finally, at 4:15, we were ready to head home. Half way there we ran into some very heavy rain, and I thought about stopping at The Gift Box to wait it out. But, they had already closed--which is a shame because it would have prevented what happened next. Just down the road, when the rain had slowed to a sprinkle, a truck was getting ready to make a left hand turn. So, I slowed and stopped, remarking to Jacob that he kind of stopped too soon (meaning he still had another 50 feet he could have gone to make the turn). Anyway, I was stopped. Next thing I hear is the squeals of another vehicle and I look up into the rear view mirror just in time to see, and feel, a car slide into the back of our van. Luckily, there was a place to pull off the road just a few feet ahead, so I pulled up, and asked Jacob if he was okay, which he was. I got out and surveyed the damage.

The other driver was a woman (darn me, I forgot to get her name) with 3 teenage girls in the back of a silver PT Cruiser. She apologized, saying she wasn't expecting anyone to be stopped on the highway, and looked up to see me stopped and hit the brakes. Thankfully, when she saw she wasn't going to stop in time (the road was slippery from the heavy rain), she tried to steer away to try to miss me. My left rear bumper and side, and her front right was what got damaged. She no longer has a headlight. and here's the damage to my van:


So, I get to spend some time on the phone with the insurance company, and fill out paperwork to send in, while dealing with a sore neck. It's not nearly as bad as I was expecting....it actually feels better today, but still sore. I went to the ER yesterday and they gave me some Ibuprofen, Robaxin, and LorTabs (not to be taken until you are safe to sleep!). I took them last night and had a hard time waking up this morning, so I'm not much in the mood to get on the phone right now. Besides, I've got to start getting ready for the kid's dental appointment. That's right all 4 kids. So, I've got to go pick up Ashley from one school, Jacob from another, and head in. I try to get to this dentist a little earlier to allow the kids play time in the waiting room. Dr. Deeds is a great dentist, perfectly suited for his job. You can tell he loves kids! His office is set up for kids. The waiting room has arcade games that don't use money, and lots of other toys for smaller kids (although they all like to try to play the car game with the steering wheel). Then in the back, the treatment area is decorated like a big aquarium and there's another little room in there with more toys and a tv for little ones whose siblings are getting treated. Just a really great environment!!!

Maybe I have time to call the insurance.....at least, it will be out of the way and I don't have to think about it later.

I pray my neck heals real soon!! I've started working out again last week, and it always seems once I get started, something happens so I can't continue! I have found "My Fitness Coach" for the Wii and I love it! It's like having your own personal trainer in your living/family room--you get a different workout everyday. The first day, she(Maya) does a fitness test to see where you are. You'll do jumping jacks for 2 minutes to measure your heart rate. Then you'll as many modified pushups, squats, and crunches as you can do keeping in time and in correct form up to 50. Then, you'll enter your weight and measurements. Then, every so often, you'll repeat this test so you can see your progress. When you are ready to workout, you get to choose what your focus for the day is (yoga, cardio, upper body, lower body, core, or flexibility), how long you want to workout for (in 15 minute increments), what music you want to listen to (it starts with hip hop, eighties, or latin, and then others open up as you continue to workout), what environment you want to see, and what equipment you want to use that day (heart rate monitor, step, weights, and/or stability ball). And then you have a personalized workout just for you!! You have the option during your workout to increase or decrease your difficulty, and Maya will ask you a couple times during the workout how you feel and will adjust the next workout accordingly. If you like aerobics, but dread doing the same workout(s) over and over, then this is for you! Get it! It's only $30 and the best workout tool you will own!

Okay, I guess I better go now....but I hope YOU have a Blessed day!!

1 comment:

  1. Man, GIRL! I hope you are okay! Take it easy and no rush on the apron, yours isn't done yet, so don't worry!

    BIG HUGS! Nicole

    ReplyDelete