Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring is in the air!!

No pictures today, but I thought I'd let you know what we've been up to. Let's see....we borrowed a tiller from Beverly and Larry, but Ryan had to do a little work on it to get it started. It's an older tiller, but well taken care of; but as with all things, sometimes it needs a little love to get going. Ryan ended up needing to replace a torn gasket on it and really didn't want to drive the 40 miles into the store to get one or the punches to make it, so he asked me if I had anything that would work. I asked him what material he had planned on using so he showed me, and I said "As a matter of fact I do!!". We ended up making a new gasket using my Cricut and small hole punches!! So, see ladies, you can show your husbands that the Cricut (and other die cutting machines) can help him out in a time of need as well. LOL!! I just realized that I should have taken a picture but I didn't think about it. He did get the tiller running, got about 1/2 the first run through, and a belt broke! So, he's on his way into town to get a new one of those, another panel of fencing because I want the garden a little bit bigger(and we need to keep out critters as we are surrounded by deer, coyote, rabbits, and other wild animals), and some baby chicks! Yes, I'm crazy....but I'm in a much better place than I was even a few months ago, and I really miss the eggs and having those chickens around!!


Ryan has also replaced a knob and deadbolt on one of our doors, put our kitchen table back together (somehow it never had screws put in, but we think when the guy we bought it from varnished it, it just got stuck together), and today he's going to reinstall our dishwasher (the little ones, and I've caught Jacob doing it too, have used the door as a step stool), and move the playground set over near the garden for me. The good news is that will be way on the other side of the house from our neighbor who I want to get as far away as possible from. We've been tossing around the idea of putting up a fence between our two houses(for privacy and setting a boundary to make it more difficult to just waltz over whenever he pleases), and a living fence came to mind. If you have any ideas for what to use that would be good in full sun, good soil, on a little bit of a slope, easy to maintain, grow fast and stays green throughout the year, please let me know! Anyway, I plan on making a "retreat" of sorts near the vegetable garden that has a few flower gardens that will attract butterflies and hummingbirds, with Daisies (my favorite flower) and Sweet Peas, plant a few Bradford pear trees (my favorite trees), and one or two shade trees, as well as sitting areas, and of course, the chickens. I wish all of this could get done now, but I know it will take a couple years to get it how I want it.


I haven't had much time for paper crafts this week, but please be sure to check out the links to the left for the Blogs I enjoy. Claire has the cutest little basket and Niki has an adorable layout with her baby girl! And Beverly has been receiving submissions from her Design team all week. So, get inspired!!


Have a Blessed Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment